Shreveport Car Accident Attorney | Shreveport Truck Accident Attorney | Shreveport Van Accident Attorney
Shreveport Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury in the United States and, locally, in the Greater Shreveport area. Many Shreveport residents depend on cars to get to school and work, to buy groceries, and to get around generally. Even those who walk or rely on other modes of transportation can be struck by a drunk or distracted driver. The unfortunate truth is that almost every person, no matter how careful, is involved in a vehicle accident at some point in life. This is especially true in Louisiana's third largest city, Shreveport,which is home to heavy traffic, poorly maintained roads, dangerous road conditions, taxi cabs and college students that may drive erratically .
When Do You Need a Shreveport Car Accident Attorney?
While not every car accident creates a need for a car accident attorney, auto accident lawyers become necessary when an accident causes major injuries which require medical attention or leave you unable to go about your daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Shreveport, Louisiana car accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Shreveport auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Shreveport car accident attorney immediately.
You should call an experienced Shreveport auto accident attorney when your injuries are severe enough that:
- You will be unable to work or will lose wages for a significant amount of time; or
- The car accident caused disfigurement; or
- You are caused to suffer long-term or permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
Why Do You Need a Shreveport Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Louisiana, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are known for trying to pay the lowest amount possible for claims, even when their customers have made payments on time for years. Unfortunately, insurance is a business. In order to make a profit, they need to collect as many premiums as possible while paying the lowest amount of claims possible.
Northwestern Louisiana car crash lawyers handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Shreveport area and in all areas of Caddo Parish and Caddo Parish. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Northwestern Louisiana traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The legal term for this type of fault is “negligence.” If the negligence of another driver has caused you or a family member to suffer an injury in the Shreveport area, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. If the driver of the other vehicle was intoxicated, you may even be able to recover punitive damages. Call a Shreveport car accident attorney to discuss your options today.
Additionally, Louisiana has laws that differentiate Louisiana auto accident claims from those in other states. Louisiana allows the injured party to sue the other driver’s insurance company directly, without suing the other driver at all. This is called a direct action. Juries are often willing to give higher awards in these cases because the money is coming from a corporation and not another driver. However, the insurance companies are aware of this, so they have experienced lawyers on their side. To navigate the legal system and obtain the compensation you deserve, you need an experienced Shreveport vehicle accident lawyer.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Shreveport auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons;
- As soon as you are able, call a Shreveport car accident lawyer;
If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Shreveport ambulance, you can later get information at:
Shreveport Fire Department
263 North Common Street
Shreveport, LA 71101
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Shreveport, try calling:
Shreveport Towing Enforcement / Auto Pound: (318) 741-7411
- If you think that a manufacturing or design defect in a vehicle led to the accident, contact a Shreveport Products Liability Lawyer.
Other reasons to retain an Auto Accident lawyer from Shreveport or Northwestern Louisiana:
- In Louisiana, legal minimum of liability insurance is $10,000.00, meaning that an injured party normally will need to sue both a driver and an insurance company, so an experienced Shreveport accident attorney will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve;
- You need an experienced Louisiana car accident law firm to fight for your rights because the auto insurance company has no reason do that;
- A Shreveport, Louisiana vehicle accident lawyer can help you make sure all of your injuries are addressed by recommending doctors and helping you pay for medical expenses by recovering costs from the party who injured you;
- You need a Northwestern Louisiana car accident lawyer to get and preserve vital scene evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate exactly how the accident occurred for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If there may be evidence of alcohol and/or drugs that played a role in the cause of the accident, it is important information that your attorney can help preserve and document;
- Your Louisiana car accident attorney will make sure that your automobile’s damage is properly assessed and that you get all the money coming to you that you should;
- You need a Shreveport car accident attorney to get all your monies due from your own insurance company such as Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Med-Pay coverages;
- You need a Shreveport car accident attorney to find all layers of insurance coverage such as excess levels of coverage;
- In Louisiana, the statute of limitations is one (1) year from the date of the accident and you need a car accident lawyer to make sure that your statute of limitations time limit does not expire and that your lawsuit is timely filed to protect your rights;
- You need a NOLA auto accident attorney to help you select the best venue, or court location, to file your lawsuit.
- You need an experienced Shreveport personal injury lawyer to help you find everyone who might be responsible for your injury, from unlicensed drivers who flee the scene to fleet drivers at a large company;
- If you received a ticket when you really should not have, a trained injury lawyer can represent you regarding that ticket to make sure that you are protected from a claim of contributory negligence;
- You need a car accident lawyer to make sure that all your damages are compensated, including lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, past and future pain and suffering, past and future mental anguish, past and future impairment or physical restrictions, past and future disfigurement from burns or scars; and
- Finally, when a case is properly prosecuted by an experienced Shreveport car accident lawyer, the insurance company may “see the light” and will generally offer you what the value of your claim is actually worth in a settlement.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Shreveport automobile accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an injurious car, truck, bus, or van accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in the Shreveport area or anywhere in Caddo Parish, Northwestern Louisiana, or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Shreveport auto accident law firms listed on this page.
Helpful Resources for Shreveport Residents
Hospitals in the greater Shreveport area:
Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Christus Schumpert St. Mary
Promise Hospital of Louisiana, Shreveport Campus
Dubuis Hospital of Shreveport
WK Bossier Health Center
Willis Knighton Medical Center
LifeCare Hospitals, Inc.
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-Shreveport
Shreveport Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Moore's Tire & Service Center - Main Office
Interstate Tire Center & Auto
Downtown Tire and Service Co
Shreveport Area Car Rental Services
National Car Rental
Avis North Louisiana
Shreveport Emergency Services Contact Information
Louisiana State Police (Highway Patrol)
Shreveport Fire Department
Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
Some of the streets and highways in Shreveport where accidents frequently occur include:
Shreveport Taxi Services
Yellow Checker Cab
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings
Drunk driving is the cause of many accidents in Shreveport. Contact Alcoholics Anonymous for help if you, a friend, or family member has an alcohol problem or frequently drinks and drives.
2800 Youree Drive 362
Contact a Shreveport Auto Accident Attorney Today to Preserve Your Rights!
Serving clients throughout Northwestern Louisiana, including, Allendale, Barksdale AFB, Blanchard, Bossier City, Cedar Grove, Cooper Road, Fairfield Historic District, Highland Historic District, Ledbetter Heights, North Highlands, Shreveport, Southern Hills, Summer Grove, and other communities in Bossier Parish and Caddo Parish.
To find a Shreveport Car Crash Lawyer, consult the list of qualified attorneys at the top of this page. The lawyers listed there are trained, licensed attorneys with Car Accident Injury experience who can help you get the justice you deserve.